Anywhere for Everywhere After Pandemic
PRESIDENT & COO INTERVIEW
- FEATURE CLOSE-UP Huimin Liu: Go Forward Bravely and Give Yourself a Chance to Strive for Perfection Huimin's hometown is in Changhua. His post graduate degree focused on microelectromechanical systems in the Institute of Machinery Manufacturing. In 1998, he joined the workplace and first worked at Delta. He was exposed to the hottest surface mount technology (SMT) in Taiwan's electronics industry at the time. In 2003, Huimin returned to his hometown from Suzhou in order to welcome the birth of his son, and he joined USI by chance.
- LOHAS FOREVER Have a Healthy Body During Pandemic Move and Go WHO indicates that insufficient physical activity has become the fourth major risk factor affecting global mortality. Each year 6% of the mortality rate is related to insufficient physical activity, only lower than high blood pressure, tobacco use and high blood sugar. In addition to increasing the mortality rate, a static life also doubles the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. It also increases the risk of cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, depression and anxiety.
- FINANCE & LAW Can I Buy Financial Products After the Release of the Guidance Opinions? After the release and implementation of the Guidance Opinions in 2018, various financial institutions began to transform their asset management business, and the newly released financial products of major banks have also undergone considerable changes. After the Guide Opinions, how should ordinary people make selection while facing various financial products?
- ENGLISH CLASSROOM 10 New COVID-19 Slangs You Must Know Have you been doomscrolling this past year? Do you feel it’s been a coronacoaster?
- INTELLIGENCE EXPRESS Introduction of On-Board Diagnostic System On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a device to check whether automobile parts and systems are faulty. When the automobile is malfunctioned, the Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL) or Check Engine warning lamp lights up, and the malfunction information is stored in the memory at the same time. The malfunction code can be read by the OBD reader so that the maintenance personnel can follow the malfunction code to fix the problem.
- PHOTO GALLERY After the female whale shark passed away on June 17th, 2021, we can only see the male whale shark swimming alone in the Kuroshio Sea in Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. The images of the two whale sharks swimming together are left in our memories.
- USI(KS) 10th ANNIVERSARY The development trend of the global electronics industry is moving forward. Opportunities and challenges coexist, just like rainbows coexist with wind and rain. It is a great challenge for every employee of USI whether they can seize the opportunities of the new era and reach the new achievement!
- ASTEELFLASH UNIVERSE It has been really tensed in the transportation sector since the beginning of COVID-19. Every day was a new challenge, and you never know what will happen after you wake up. During the crisis, prices were over the roof; capacity was extremely limited – all on top of the "usual" day-to-day regular issues. Véronique Danciu is the Worldwide Transportation Director of Asteelflash for 7 years. Located in the USA, she has to make sure products reach their destination.
- PARTNER FOCUS With the synergy of Asteelflash and USI, we will have a more brilliant future. In this issue, we invite Mr. Felix Timmermann, Asteelflash East EMEA Region Executive Vice President, to share his experience and perspective.
- CULTURE CLASH Since ancient times, China has had rich food culture. As more and more colleagues from all over China join Asteelflash Suzhou Site, their different dietary habits have created various sparks. In this issue, we will introduce diverse food in China, and two colleagues will share the specialty in their hometowns.
- OFFICE CHAT ROOM Every employee should have the opportunity to obtain professional development and make progress at work, as well as formulate an individual development plan based on the largest "sweet spot": "competences", "passion" and "organizational needs". The key word of "individual development plan" is "individual", which is a development plan created and driven by "you".